Saturday, October 25, 2008

Birthday number 2-3

So I've decided that as you get older, birthdays get less and less exciting. It seems that the magical-ness of the day isn't so magical-y anymore. However, I think I still managed to have a great birthday.

To start my day right, Ryan prepared a lovely breakfast that he had waiting for me when I woke up, complete with waffles garnished with strawberries, bacon, eggs and toast. Really good. I still had to go to school...total bummer...but I decided to be a responsible adult and go to school anyway. However, my marketing professor opted to be not so responsible and didn't show up to class. Normally I would have done a discrete little happy dance or sang hallelujah in my head, but of course I had one more dreaded class to go to. So I sat up at the school for an hour and a half until my business law class started. Blugh....business law...definitely not a birthday activity high on my list. It's not even high on my list for a regular day.

To lift my spirits, Ryan took me shopping later that day to get a new outfit and then out to dinner. Ryan was kind of sick, so thanks, Ryan, for taking me out on the town, even though you weren't feeling 100%. I can't think of a better person to spend my birthday with. And thanks to all of you out there for the birthday wishes, texts, presents and calls!
These are the gifts Ryan got me! I had to show them off:)
This is the Nikon 50mm 1.8 Lens for our camera. Definately love at first sight. I wasn't expecting this digital picture frame, but I think we are really going to love having it. It plays music with the slideshow and it holds an endless number of pictures. Very cool.And this is for the baker in me. Of all the kitchen gadgets I had, a rolling pin was not one of them. It will definitely be put to good use.

Until next year...

3 comments:

Mandy Sue said...

Sounds like you had a fun day!

riggs family said...

Happy late birthday, congrats on the sow!! It's great that you go hunting too, how fun.

Julia and Cody said...

Happy Late Birthday!! It sounds like you had a good day. And your right about the whole hype for your birthday diminishing as you get older. Mines coming up, and I'm not as excited like I used to be. Bummer! That's an awesome husband for taking you shoping and to dinner when he didn't feel so good. Happy Birthday!