Friday, August 1, 2008

Pickley Pickles

Today I spent a few hours with my Grandma Shirley. She has been wanting to teach me how to can, and I'm glad I agreed to a day of learning because she is the woman that knows everything about the world of canning! Plus, it was nice to have some one-on-one time with her because life gets busy, and we don't always get that chance to just hang out and talk. I had a really fun time! I have always imagined the process of canning to be a very long, complicated, and tedious one, but it was actually quite easy! We made bread and butter pickles today, and next week we will can some peaches.

1 comment:

Em said...

That is one thing I should really learn how to do. It seems like just the knowledge would be beneficial! Look at you, pioneer woman! ;) So glad I get to VT you now!!!